Friday, August 29, 2008

Triple Five Soul (Minus One)


Street cred is a fickle mistress. People spend a ton of money to look authentically hard, while enjoying all the bennies of a soft lifestyle. No one knows this better than a Triple Five Soul button. Especially one that came off of an IQ funnel neck jacket with three-quarter length sleeves when a messenger bag strap got a little rough. $68 for the T-shirt and another $116 for the jacket and the owner may have covered up the last traces of Bloomfield Hills just in time for her first class at NYU - it all depends on where she bought the jeans.

Stay in school.

Found in front of the Puma store in Union Square.

3 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

What kind of lighting and background did you use to shoot these photos?

I tried shooting my pet rock collection but the shadows in the photos bothered me. I made my own reflective mirror (aluminium foil covered cardboard) to counter the shadows and it still didn't work. :-(

Mame said...

I scan these critters.

Ming the Merciless said...

Arrrghhhhh! No wonder the image looks soooooo perfect.

Still haven't photographed my pet rock collection....since the failure of my first attempt.